System requirements give you the information required to ensure your desktop hardware, software, and OS meet the minimum specification for your version of QuickBooks Desktop. In today’s blog, we will discuss what operating system, hardware, database servers, disk space is required to install the latest version of QuickBooks Pro, Premier & Enterprise 2018.
To get support for QuickBooks setup, update, installation, backup & restore, Dial 1-844-313-4852.
QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2018 and Enterprise 18.0
⇒ Operating Systems
- Windows 10: all editions, including 64 bit natively installed.
- Windows 8.1(Update 1): all editions, including 64 bit natively installed.
- Windows 7 SP1 all editions, including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2011 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
⇨ Database Servers
- Windows: Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (update 1) or Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only), natively installed.
- Linux: When using QBES Database Server-only installation – OpenSuse 42.2, Fedora 25, Red Hat 7 (Update 3)
⇨ Browser Requirement
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
⇒ Hardware and Operating system requirements(client and server)
- Processor: 4 GHz minimum
- RAM: 4GB minimum, 8GB recommended server RAM Requirement
- 1-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12GB RAM
- 15 Users: 16GB RAM
- 20 Users: 20+GB RAM
⇨ Disk Space:
- 5GB of disk space (additional required for data files)
- Additional software: 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings (applies to US only).
- Require minimum 4.0GB RAM
- QuickBooks software required doublethe size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or double the size to restore. The space is only compulsory from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”IntuitIntuit Data Protect”
Note: Storing a large .QBW data file on an SSD will greatly speed up performance and is encouraged.
- US version of Windows (if using US QuickBooks software), Canadian version of Windows (if using Canadian QuickBooks software)
- Regional settings are supported when set to English (United States/Canada) with keyboard setting to US/CA only
- Administrator rights required for the server computer when hosting Multi-User access
- Natively installed – means it was installed on a specific system or environment that it was designed for. This also means it doesn’t need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.
⇨ Optical Drive: 4X DVD-ROM drive required for CD installations (unless QuickBooks is downloaded from the Intuit server)
⇨ Screen Resolution:
- Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 Extended monitors
- Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
⇒ Software compatibility
QuickBooks is efficient of integrating with hundreds of third-party applications. The following integration are assigned with QB, additional RAM will increase the use of these characteristic. See Intuit Marketplace for the most up-to-date list.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2016 (contain Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit. Office 2010 and Office 2013 and 365(contain Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit. Note: Office 365 is only worked when it is locally installed, not the web version.
- Email Estimates, Invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-2016, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, Gmail, YahooMail and Outlook.com, other SMTP-supporting e-mail clients
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit)
- Exporting reports requires MSExcel 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit)
- Contact Synchronization with MS Outlook requiredOutlook 2010 (32-bit)
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook(the download is available at no charge). Contact Synchronization doesn’t work with the MS Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. If a synchronization is performed, twin records could result.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V12.0, V11.0, V10.0 (applies to the US only)
- TurboTax 2016 and 2015 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2016 and 2015 (applies to the US only)
- Pro-Series tax years 2016 and 2015 (applies to the US only)
- Quicken 2017, 2016, 2015
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 (applies to the US only)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed, 1Mbps recommended. (DSL or cable modem recommended).
- Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client*)
Note: Supports plain text version in Mozilla.
- Internet Explorer 11
⇒ Firewall and antivirus compatibility
QuickBooks Pro, Premier 2018, Enterprise 18.0 has been checked with this firewall and antivirus products.
Note: In few cases, it may be important to modify settings in these products to ensure the best realizable performance with QB.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
Note: QB will work with systems running RAID but this is not approved because performance matter may cause QuickBooks to operate slowly.
You can Call us our QuickBooks Proadvisor Support Number +1-844-313-4852 to talk with a Proadvisor.