QuickBooks stops working when you try to open it in QuickBooks Desktop. In that case, you will see the error saying that working of QuickBooks has been stopped or you may not receive any error. In fact everything just freezes on the screen and nothing happens.
Reasons, why QuickBooks stops working, are listed below:
- Name of your company is very long
- INI file is either missing or damaged
- Your hard drive is corrupted
- Damaged QuickBooks Desktop installation or program files
- Windows operating system is damaged
Solutions to the problem are:
Solution 1: Try using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool also known as QBInstall Tool
- Get the QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool downloaded
- If asked, make sure that the file is saved locally to the Desktop
- Make sure that all the programs that are opened are closed and then QBInstall Tool is run
Note: Based upon the performance of your computer and internet speed, the process may take up to 20 minutes to complete.
- Then try restarting your computer once you are done by running the tool, to ensure that updating of all the components is done properly
Solution 2: Temporarily Disable and Reboot the Anti-virus Program you are using
- Reboot your system
- Then get the QuickBooks Desktop opened
Note: If the error doesn’t get resolved then disable the anti-virus you are using temporarily. You can always contact the experts and anti-virus help documentation, to know how the anti-virus program is disabled
Solution 3: Renaming QBWUSER.ini file
- Make sure that QBWUSER.ini file is renamed
Noe: By renaming the QBWUSER.ini file will get the company files, that were opened previously deleted. Now, you have to re-open the company file manually
- Get the folder opened, where you have saved the QBWUSER.ini.
- Then on right click on the QBWUSER.ini and then choose Rename
- Make sure that .old are added at each file’s end, for example, QBWUSER.ini.old
- Then make sure that EntitlementDataStore.ecml file is renamed
- If the program opens up after you have renamed it in either EntitlementDataStore.ecml or QBWUSER.ini, then try to open the sample file of the company.
Solution 4: By using Clean Install do the reinstallation
- Get the QuickBooks uninstalled first
- Ensure that installation folders are renamed
- Then install the QuickBooks Desktop again
Solution 5: Get the new Windows Admin user created
For Windows 7: My computer is the part of a workgroup
- In order to get the User Account opened, tap on the Start button and then on Control Panel after that click on User Accounts and Family Safety and in the end tap on User Accounts
- Tap on Manage another account. You will require the Administrator permission, or you will be asked to provide the confirmation or administrative password. Provide your confirmation or type the password
- Click on Create a new account
- Add the name which you wanted to give to the user account, tap on account type and then on Create Account
To get the detailed information on this, you can always get in touch with our Instanthelp247 QuickBooks support helpdesk. You can dial our 24*7 working 1844-313-4852 to get in touch with our Instanthelp247 QuickBooks tech support team.