QuickBooks is a user-friendly bookkeeping software to manage the accounting needs of the business house. However, sometimes users may encounter many stubborn errors like QuickBooks Olsu-1024 or Olsu-1022 despite being user-friendly.
QuickBooks Error Olsu-1024 or Olsu-1022 occurs when the user tries to create an online bank account or feeding financial details in QuickBooks Desktop. Sometimes such errors also crop up when Financial Institution Directory (FIDIR) is not updated by users to include banking information or not stored in prescribed locations. The best method to resolve such error is to ensure the user is using the latest version of QuickBooks.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error or Olsu-1024 or Olsu-1022
Keep QuickBooks Updated
- User needs to update QuickBooks to the latest release from the QuickBooks website.
- The user has an option to either click on “Update tab” or downloads the updated files.
- User can make sure to “Setup Automatic updates” tab turned on so that QuickBooks automatically download the updates.
Also Read: Install QuickBooks in Safe Mode on Windows
Update Financial Institution Directory (FIDIR)
The user needs to go through following steps to update the “Financial Institution Directory” to most recent version:
- The user needs to go to C drive and navigate : ( C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist ) to locate folder directory.
- Now locate for the “fidir.txt” file and now change its names as “fidir.old”.
- Now user needs to right click on the latest version of QuickBooks and choose an option “save link as” and now save the file on Desktop as the file location.
- Now when “Download complete” windows appears, the user need to click on “Close”
- Now the user needs to copy the downloaded “fidir.txt” file to the “filist” Here user needs to right click inside “filist” folder and paste the copied downloaded folder “fidir.txt”.
- Now user can open the QuickBooks Desktop and set up an account as required.
In case users need further assistance related to updating (FIDIR) in QuickBooks Desktop, it is wise to approach our Instant Help 247 QuickBooks Technical support experts for technical help.
The user can resolve this error if it has occurred due to corrupt files in QuickBooks by following below mentioned steps:
- The user needs to press “Windows + E” keys on the keyboard for windows screen which will show listed programs already installed.
- Now click on “Uninstall or Change a program” option appearing on screen
- Now user needs to select “QuickBooks” and click on “Uninstall or change”
- In QuickBooks Installation window appearing on screen ;
- The user needs to select, “Next” tab and select the “Repair” radio button to repair the files.
- Now again click on the option “Next”, then click on option “Repair” and then on option “Finish”.
- Now try to launch the QuickBooks and try to set up banking details to check whether error still persists or not.
If this repairing of QuickBooks does not resolve the error, then users need to reinstall QuickBooks.
Also Read: QuickBooks 2017 Firewall Ports Support
Need to Edit the “fidir.txt” Preferences
The last solution to fix Olsu error is to edit the preference option in “fidir.txt”.
- The user needs to go to option C drive: ( C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist ) for locating folder directory.
- Now here user need to locate or look for “fidir.txt” files.
- Now right click the file and select the option “Properties”.
- Now user needs to put a tick mark on the “Read-only” checkbox.
- A user need to click on “Apply” button and then select “Ok”
Users can get in touch with our Instant Help 247 QuickBooks Support helpdesk will deliver round-the-clock services with cent percent user satisfaction
QuickBooks Technical Support
Information related to QuickBooks products and services can be obtained from our QuickBooks experts. Call on 1844 313 4852.