QuickBooks has many in-built tools and applications that can be easily integrated with various third-party applications. When you are synchronizing your business accounts with any third-party applications then you require QBFC. When this tool is not working properly then you will come across QuickBooks Error Code 3140.
When you encounter the QuickBooks Error Code 3140, you will receive the following error message:
Description: There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Customer “Customer Name: Document Number” in the Estimate provided.
QuickBooks Error Message: Invalid argument. The specific record does not exist in the list.
Here are some causes that are responsible for QuickBooks Error Code 3140:
- You have not saved the customer name in QuickBooks.
- There are some field still not completed when you have provided contact information especially for Sold To/Ship To/ To Tab fields.
- You have not provided any company name and contact name in QuickBooks or you have entered wrong credentials while entering the customer’s name.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6190, -816
Symptoms of the Error Code 3140 in QuickBooks:
- When you encounter QuickBooks Error Code 3140, then your application may crash.
- All the other software will be affected due to this QuickBooks error as they may freeze for few seconds or crash.
- You application may momentarily freeze momentarily and it may take several minutes to open a new application.
- Your application will stop at regular intervals.
Environment of QuickBooks Error Code 3140:
You will encounter QuickBooks Error Code 3140 in certain scenario:
- While installing the QuickBooks software.
- While running your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Shutting down and starting up your system.
- Working on the system files.
To resolve your QuickBooks Error Code 3140, you need to follow the instructions provided below:
- Resolve all the errors that are associated with Windows Registry.
- Run a complete system scan. It will remove all the malware & virus infected file.
- Clean your system by deleting all the junk files and folders from the TEMP files section.
- Check for any driver’s requirements along with their security. See whether their updates are available or not.
- Undo all the recent changes that you have made recently. You can employ Restore Point feature of Microsoft Windows to carry out the restoring procedure.
- Check whether all the files and applications related to QuickBooks are working properly. If not then uninstall and re-install them.
- Perform a File Checker operation on the Windows – “sfc/scannow”.
- Update your Microsoft Windows Operating system and check for security patches.
- Now, perform clean installation for QuickBooks accounting software.
Also Read: QuickBooks work slow in multi user mode.
With the steps above, you can easily eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 3140. If you have some queries regarding the solution mentioned in this article, then reach out to QuickBooks Customer Support for help. They are one of the best QuickBooks customer support providing agency that provides round the clock service across the globe. To connect with them, you will have to call on their helpline toll-free number 1844-313-4852. You can also opt for the Live Chat Support option by visiting their official webpage www.instanthelp247.com. By doing so, you can easily chat with the QuickBooks expert.