QuickBooks error 15270 is the error that is generally faced when you download the update for the payroll. The error states QuickBooks error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully.
This problem is faced when some of the files are not downloaded in the package due to the file corrupt or missing update file issue. It is highly recommended that whenever you want to update your payroll you should always download the complete and authentic package from the official website to avoid such issues.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15270
- Improper or installation is failed.
- Attack of viruses.
- Missing registry file in the downloaded package.
- Crash in your operating system.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15270?
You can solve this error very easily and there are different steps for different operating system. Here we have discussed how to solve the QuickBooks Error 15270 for Windows 7, you need to follow the steps given below:
Update the QuickBooks payroll
- First of all you have to restart the QuickBooks Desktop software and see if the QuickBooks Update Service window is appearing or not if yes then click on the install later button.
- Next go to the choose help tab and select the update QuickBooks option in it.
- Once you select the update QuickBooks option update QuickBooks window appears, here you need to click on the update now button.
- After that select the reset updates checkbox by simply clicking on it.
- Next click on the OK button for confirming the reset process.
- Once the update is completed successfully then ‘get updates’ button turns green which means it is active now and you see the update complete message below.
- Now you have to restart the QuickBooks software after starting if an update service message is displayed then select the Install Now button and once you click on this button update will be installed successfully.
- Then switch to the employees tab and select the get payroll updates option to install the payroll updates again.
- You should always ensure that you download the entire payroll update by selecting the proper option and then click on the update button.
- Firstly click on the start button and enter control panel on the search program and files box.
- Then open the control panel, once you enter the control panel window you will see the view by drop down list.
- Next select the large icons option and click on the user accounts tab.
- Now click on the change user account settings option.
- Further select the never notify option by simply moving the slider and click on the Ok button.
- Once you are done with this reboot your computer system.
- Then you need to restart the QuickBooks desktop and try to open the company’s file.
- After following these steps your issue will be solved.
Rename the paysub.ini file
- Firstly you have to download the PayrollSubini.exe file and run it.
- Then go to the employees tab and select the Get Payroll Updates option from the list.
- Next ensure that download entire payroll update checkbox is selected.
- After that click on the update button.
- Now from the QuickBooks desktop location open the search box and enter paysub, then press the enter key.
- As you press the enter key the paysub file will be displayed then choose the rename option by right clicking on it.
- After that rename the extension of the file from .ini to .old.
- Make sure you do it for all the paysub.ini files that are displayed.
If you are still not able to open the company’s file and you are getting the same error message then follow the next steps:
- Always ensure that the subscription is active or not for the assisted payroll and account billing information.
- Next check whether your web browser is set as a default browser or not.
- Always perform a clean installation of the QuickBooks.
If you are facing any issue related to the QuickBooks software, then you can easily contact our QuickBooks tech support helpdesk. We are available round the clock at your service and promise to give you the best possible solution. Our QuickBooks helpdesk team is available at 1844-313-4852.