QuickBooks data conversion is a tool of QuickBooks Software that allows you to transform your prevailing account data into QuickBooks. It is used for the swift working of the business as at times you face issues while converting the data for example from Mac to Windows or vice versa or converting the QuickBooks desktop file to QuickBooks online.
Data conversion also allows you to import data from the other accounting systems like SAP, Epicor etc. Also, there are industry-specific QuickBooks data conversion service tools. Here we have discussed the methods of Data conversion in QuickBooks.
How to convert a QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks Online
To convert the QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks online you need to follow the steps provided below:
Step 1: First of all you have to create an account for the QuickBooks online and log in to your account.
Step 2: Now navigate to the menu and click on the gear icon.
Step 3: Then select the Import Desktop data option and choose the QuickBooks Desktop version for the data you want to convert.
Step 4: After that open the QuickBooks Premier or Pro desktop product. Ensure that you have the latest version of the QuickBooks.If you want to update the version you can simply do it by going to the help menu and selecting the Update QuickBooks option.
Once the update is done you have to restart your system prior to the use of QuickBooks software.
Step 5: Now select to export the company file to QuickBooks online from the menu of the company while starting your QuickBooks Online. Then sign in to your QuickBooks account and click on the submit button.
Step 6: After that select, the QuickBooks Online company file that you have created prior beginning this process.
Step 7: Further click on the continue button.
Step 8: Now you have to navigate to your email inbox because you receive an email when you click on the continue button.
Step 9: Then click on the link you got on your email to sign-in to the account.
Once you have followed all the steps provided above, your file will be converted from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. If you have any doubt regarding the data loss during the conversion, you can always check by comparing the reports. Also, ensure that your Profit and Loss report, balance sheets are run properly while the data was being converted.
How to Convert a QuickBooks File From MAC To Windows
Follow the steps provided below:
- Firstly for the MAC, you have to open your data file in the QuickBooks 2012.
- Then go to the File menu and select the Backup to QuickBooks for Windows option.
- Next, you have to give a name to the file and save it to the location where you want.
- After that go to the Apply password window and create a password for your file. This step is necessary as you will obviously want your data to be safe and secure, so when you will open your file in QuickBooks for Windows this password will be required.
- Note: You can click on the show file to locate the .qbb file, only when the backup file is created. The instructional PDF file is also created by QuickBooks in the same location with the same name where you have saved your file.
- Now you can send the instructional PDF file and the .qbb file to the windows user in a USB drive, CD, also you can upload it your own disk.
- For Windows in QuickBooks 2012, you have to select the open and restore company option under the file menu and follow the instructions displayed on the screen and when the update file message appears on the screen select the checkbox and click on the update now button.
- Then analyze your file and make changes if required.
Issues that you encounter while converting QuickBooks Data
● Invoices or Sales Transactions Converted to Journal Entries after Importing to QuickBooks Online.
● Customer Balances are off
- Screen Freezes
- Error while processing the data
- Data damage of company file
If you also face the same issues or any problem while converting your QuickBooks data, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Product help team for quick support. Our QuickBooks Tech Support team is active 24*7 on 1844-313-4852.