QuickBooks is an accounting software that is used by most of the small and medium industries. Generally when you are using the QuickBooks Desktop Pro software in your Windows 7 Operating System, then there are chances that you may face some technical issues. One error that you come across is Com Error in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Com Error generally occurs when you are trying to open any particular list that contains the information of customers or transaction details. When you are accomplishing this procedure by sending an email regarding transaction or printing a report, you may come across the following error message:
“Crash: Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop”
Important: It is advised that you update your Microsoft Office.
Also Read: Qbwin.Log: Invalid Customer Id Number
Resolutions for QuickBooks Com Error:
Here are some solutions that will resolve your Com error in QuickBooks:
Solution I: Outlook to be customized as default mailer
- Go to Control Panel and click on the Default Panel.
- Press the Set your default programs
- From the Program List, press MS Outlook.
- Press the Set this program as default option and click OK.
Solution II: Add an email account in Microsoft Outlook email client
- Open Ms Outlook email client and open File
- Go to the Add Account option and enter the credentials for the email address.
- MS Outlook will detect the proper server setting automatically.
- Press Select tab and enter credentials in the password section for the email.
- Press OK till your setup is completed.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3140
Solution III: Toggle with email settings
- Go to Control Panel and open the Mail
- Press on the Microsoft Outlook icon to open the software.
- Click on Mail Setup tab and go to the Show Profile
- Select the checkbox for always use this profile option and press the option prompt for a profile.
- Go to the Apply option & juggle between always use this profile.
- Press Apply.
- Go to OK.
Solution IV: Run QuickBooks Desktop in Compatibility Mode
- Select the QuickBooks icon from the desktop and right-click on it.
- Select the option Run QuickBooks in the compatibility mode.
- Go to the Compatibility option and select the checkbox for the Run this program in compatibility mode for
- Select the window 7 option that is available in the drop down menu list.
- Click and open the Privilege Level
- Select the checkbox for Run this program as an administrator.
- Go to Apply & press OK.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error Code -6190, -816
The solutions in this article will easily resolve your QuickBooks Com Error. In case, this error still prevails and you need some technical support assistance, then you should reach out to the QuickBooks Customer Support for their help. They are a customer support providing consultancy that provides support for accounting software like QuickBooks. Their experts are available 24*7, so you can call them on their customer support toll-free helpline number 1844-313-4852. For more information, please visit their website www.instanthelp247.com.